Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Book Review: No One Knows

When J.T. Ellison’s No One Knows opens, we learn that Aubrey’s husband Josh has been declared dead after being missing for five years. Aubrey is a teacher who was recently released from prison after she was exonerated from any wrong-doing in relation to the disappearance of her husband. Now, she is left to pick up the pieces of her life, dealing with people’s negative perceptions of her, and forced to watch as her mother-in-law plans to contest Josh’s life insurance policy.

In the pages of this novel, we are taken back and forth through time, watching present-day scenes as Aubrey continues to adjust to life without her husband, including meeting a handsome man named Chase that reminds her of her husband. We also are taken back to the days leading up to Josh’s disappearance, and left to postulate who may have been responsible for his death. There are many individuals in this book that may have been involved, including Aubrey’s unstable foster brother, and even Josh’s own selfish mother.

I thought that I had the ending of this book figured out, but I was genuinely surprised by some of its twists and turns. I thought I understood the characters in this novel, but as it turned out, many of them were not what they seemed. I didn’t find the ending completely satisfying, but this book is still a genuine page-turning thriller.

This review originally appeared on Luxury Reading.  Luxury Reading supplied a copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.  I received no compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment