Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

Travel: Washington Square, New York

I recently took a quick trip to Washington Square in New York for a work conference.

It was a quick trip (an overnight) so not much sight-seeing.  It snowed too, and it was pretty magical seeing a snowy Washington Square.  Despite the weather I did walk around a little bit the night I arrived, and made sure to check out the C.O. Bigelow store, which was only a block or two away from where I stayed at the Washington Square Hotel.


I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.  It was well-situated, right across from Washington Square Park.  If the weather had cooperated, I would have loved to walk around to check out the shops and sites in the area.

I traveled to NYC to attend a library conference.  The meeting took place at NYU's Bobst Library.  This was one of the coolest libraries I've ever seen.  Along with meeting great colleagues and taking part in conversations with those in my field, I had the chance to take a tour of the building.

As I said, it was a quick trip and I didn't have much chance to sight-see.  This was the first time I was in Washington Square Park and I hope to travel there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment